Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sweet and Simple Christmas

Some years it seems like all we do is race from one holiday event to another. This year, there was no racing.
Maddie was sick, so we hunkered down and chilled.


Really, that's not a bad way to spend Christmas!
(Well, maybe for the one that is sick...)


Christmas morning we slept in until 7:30am! Wow!! With a 13, 9 and 4 year old, that is a gift in and of itself!

We opened gifts. Lexi bought all of us gifts at her school's "Santa Shop." What a great treat for us! It just cost a few dollars and she had real gifts for the entire family. She even was able to find thoughtful gifts like Kylie's cross with "Faith" on it. Kylie loved having her middle name on a cross!


Doug  found a story book/building kit for Kylie to create and she loves it! I see more of these books/kits in our future! Too bad they don't work with Lego's, we already have a truck load of those!


Doug also got Lexi more of the History Mystery books. She is such an avid reader, that she will probably have read all 4 before she goes back to school!

And Maddie got lots of clothes. We have completely moved into teenage world with her, so no more games/toys/sweet girly gifts for her! 

One of the highlights of this Christmas had to be the treadmill. If you haven't read about God's amazing provision, click here to read about this awesome gift!

And no, Doug and I were not left out. We gave each other running stuff. Exactly what we wanted!

One of my cherished gifts, I actually ordered and created for myself back in October... but I put it away for Doug to give to the girls to give to me! It's a bracelet that commemorates my marathon and half marathon races! I can't wait to add more charms!

The best part of the bracelet is that the proceeds are helping to cover the adoption costs of a forever family!! How cool is that!! If you are looking for a custom piece of jewelry at an incredibly affordable price, I highly recommend my friend Kristy. What a joy it is to know that I get something that is created just for me, and I get to be a very small part of bringing Hannah Joy home! Her etsy store is closed until Jan 1, but you can find her here.


And that pretty much sums up our Christmas. We had a great day, Maddie is feeling better and we are enjoying quiet and slow holiday mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment