Saturday, December 1, 2012

Seeing Santa

Why do I endure the seeing Santa tradition? I haven't yet figured it out. One kid won't get close and the other asks for the moon. You would think by now that I would have figured this out and stick with the letter writing supervised by me.
 
But no, each year (this morning December 1st in fact) I get the girls all cute and we go see Santa at some retail establishment. I have to say, that this store does it right with nicely decorated trees, snacks for parents and free pictures.
 
I was hoping that Kylie would be a little more friendly to the human Santa this year. It didn't happen. She loves him on tv, in movies, anything 2d.. or stuffed.. but put a human to Santa and it's hide in my leg time.
 
 
Lexi on the other hand is an old pro and hopped right up to Santa and promptly asked for a LAPTOP! You have got to be kidding me. Not a nice pretend one or anything, but specifically a REAL LAPTOP. Ugh. I said, "oh, I don't know about that. Santa has a budget!" And his response was "well, I don't know. Have you been really good this year?" WHAT!!!???!!!  Thanks Santa.

 
Kylie finally talked to Mrs. Clause and acknowledged Santa. She asked for dinosaurs. A typical gift request from Kylie and one that will happen. 
 

And there you have it. Maddie missed out on the fun as she spent the night with a friend. If you have any ideas about Lexi's gift... let me know.

Thanks.

And just a p.s. Don't take your kids to see Santa when you are tired! We got home from the high school playoff game after 1am this morning and I ran with my running group 8 miles at 6 am. Yeah, bad idea to add seeing Santa to my morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment