Thursday, June 21, 2012

Throwing in the Swimming Lesson Towel!

Kylie lives for swimming.
So, I enrolled her for swimming lessons thinking it would be perfect for her!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a disaster!

So after two classes of misery, I have given up.

Many of you might say, don't give up!
She'll get it.

But, I'd have to say, then you haven't met Kylie.

You can forcibly make her sit on the side of the pool (which I have),
but you can't make her do what the teacher asks. UGH!

And, what would be gained by having her there and associating the pool with bad feelings?
I don't want to ruin swimming for us all!

So glad I took pictures of day one and a couple day two.

She started off great. She was so excited. She wanted to learn to swim like her sisters.



But then... this little girl (who is not in any of the pictures...) started crying.
And she cried and cried and cried.
For 30 minutes.

And Kylie watched and worried.
You could see it on her face.
She kept looking at the little girl and you could see her wondering about why she was crying
and if there was something to be scared about.


And then we got this.
Refusal.


After the first class, I told the teachers that Kylie loved swimming and this didn't make sense.
Kylie left saying she was going to swim the next day at class.
(In fact, that afternoon we went swimming at the park pool and then she swam at my mom's!)

Day 2.

It was COLD AND WINDY!!!!!! BRRRR.

And this is what we got.
I made her sit there and watch.
But she wouldn't do ANYTHING. 
I guess it's no wonder she doesn't want to go.
Swimming lessons means crying kids and cold!
  I don't think I'd want to go either.

No comments:

Post a Comment