Monday, May 6, 2013

The Donut Shop vs The Frozen Breakfast Sandwhich

Donuts. I love donuts. It's a horrible addiction I know. Donuts are the reason I carry 10 extra pounds around my middle. It's bad that I know this and yet I can't break the hold they have on me.  Worse, my girls feel the same way about donuts.
Why am I telling you about this addiction of mine? Because like any addiction, its not good for me, I know I should change the behavior, but I DON'T WANT TO!

Anyway...

Yesterday I was in the grocery store picking up a few items and was looking at the frozen breakfast sandwiches. I really like the spinach and egg sandwich. Even better its only 160 calories.

But alas, they didn't have any. And as I looked for other options, I was frustrated with the fact all of the rest were over 200 calories. I was about to walk away when I got a hold of myself and said (in my head, not out loud... at least I hope) are you CRAZY?? You don't want to eat a breakfast sandwich that is 250 calories, but you will eat a DONUT SHOP CINNAMON ROLL???

So, I looked at the options and decided to go with the croissant sandwich! Yup, a whole 280 calories. And it was good!


And there you have it. I made a good choice this morning. Will I make it tomorrow? I don't know. To be honest, probably not. I run on Tuesdays... 4 or 5 miles is 400+ calories burned.. that equals a donut in my book.

Yes, I'm an addict. Good thing I like to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment