Saturday, May 18, 2013

"Free" Curtains for my French Door!

I almost hate to tell you about my curtains for my french door. Why? Cause they were free. Well, they weren't really free, but basically free.
 
You see here is my tip.. I figure I learned this from my mom... but anytime brown, denim or a really basic fabric is on sale cheap, I buy it. All of it. This means at times I have had 20 yards of khaki canvas, or 10 yards of denim or... well you get the picture.  Anyway, I have had this brown cotton/poly blend fabric for years. I bought it for $1 or $1.50 a yard at Walmart and have stored it in a plastic tub all of this time.
 
So, last week, after finishing my tree with the brown print fabric and noticing that I had a good bit of leftover, I set it on my curtain rod and was pleasantly surprised. I had planned on a light curtain, but the dark was a great contrast to the paint and tied into the tile on the kitchen counter. So, I dug through my stash of fabric and found this brown that looked nice with the print.
 
And there you have it. I divided the fabric into two pieces, sewed the brown and the print together and hemmed all four sides and clipped it onto rings that I had purchased years ago.. clearance again... I consider curtain rod/clips a basic that can be purchased at anytime...and hung my curtains.
 
Nope they aren't perfect. But I didn't spend a single dollar on them and it took all of 30 minutes. I call that a win!



And that's one more project down!

No comments:

Post a Comment