Friday, June 7, 2013

He heard my whisper

So Linny over at A Place Called Simplicity is always talking about whispering the desires of your heart to God. That He wants to prove faithful. This is such a hard thing for me to do. Why should God care if I find a new dress for an event this weekend?
 
But I did go ahead and whisper my desire. I figured why not. I wanted something glamorous, but cheap! That's not too much to ask. right?
 
I looked all over town. Nothing. I found something okay, but not great.
 
So I loaded up my girls and a friend and her girls and we drove over to another town and went to a nice resale shop. It's a great store. It might not be as nice of a store now that our five girls "looked" while I tried on dresses. Sorry Bella Rose. :)
 
Anyway...I found a beautiful dress. And the price, so right. I came home and looked it up to see what the retail value was. I didn't think I'd find the actual dress, because you know, it was at a consignment store. Who knows how many seasons ago it was purchased! So I googled the brand name and...
 
Guess what? I could have bought the exact same dress at Norstrdrom, or Macy's, or Dillards last night online!
 
Wow. Here is the picture of the dress... it retails for over $200. 
Isn't it awesome. And glamorous!

And how much did I pay?

$15.

Yes, God heard my whisper and He provided!

1 comment:

  1. SEE!!!

    He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES you! He wants to meet your needs. He is faithful. And now that, once again, you see that He clearly delights in hearing your whispers and 'whispering' back...do it again and again and again and again...

    Wasn't that just so exciting??!!? I am thrilled for you. Thank you for sharing. Did you link it to MBMonday? OH wait. Is the Linky closed? ugh. I think it is. I usually close it on Thursday. Next time!

    xo

    PS Have a blast in your glamorous dress {send me a pic of you in it, yes?}.

    ReplyDelete