Sunday, June 9, 2013

30 seconds shy of a PR, but a 2nd place finish!

On Saturday morning, Doug and I got up and went over to the little town down the highway and joined my running friends for a 10k. It was a beautiful morning.

I was hoping for a PR. But I didn't plan well. At least that is going to be my excuse.  You see, in the week leading up to the race, I worked out 8 times. That is not what you are supposed to do race week. oops. So I went in to Saturday morning's race with tired legs and a sore-ish hip.

Not that I did poorly, I just didn't best my only other 10k time.

And since I'm complaining, I'll also tell you about the bad roads and the zigzag course....

However, yes, I'll run this race next year and hope I do better.

So how did I do? My official time was 1:01:02. That was about 30seconds slower than the October race.

But all that said, I placed 2nd in my age group! And go Doug, he placed 1st in his!!

I love this picture of us! We look so fit!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Emily! You did it, learned from the experience, and are physically strong; these are all blessings. How fun that you have a group to work out and race with. Support is very important. Best wishes on your next race!

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete