Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Art Show 2013

I've been hanging artwork nonstop for the last 2 days!
 
I don't have a count yet, but I'm taking guesses!  In fact, I am going to do a "closest to the exact number" drawing during the art show!! I don't know for a fact, but I think we will have more pieces on display at the show than we have students enrolled in the ENTIRE district!!
 
Wow and super wow!!
 
Here are a few pictures of the set up.
 
First is a close up of my art 1 student's flock birds perching on the display panels. The birds are a pretty basic, but exactly what I wanted!



Here is one view from the side of the auditorium. This shows the vast number of pieces!!
 
 We have work from pre-k through 12th grade.

Aren't the hands made by the 6th graders fun!
 
If you live in the 76401 zipcode or close by, the show is totally worth your time to see! We have drawing, painting, printmaking, textiles, sculpture, photography and graphic design.  It's truly an all encompassing art show!

The show officially opens March 18th and runs to April 2nd. (yes, I posted this early as we had to prep the show prior to spring break!)

No comments:

Post a Comment