Friday, November 22, 2013

Gelatin Monoprints

I'm in love with Gelatin Monoprints. In fact, if I was at home and not at a conference, I would be working away at these babies making all kinds of cards and prints for Christmas gifts. But I'm not, so I'll just blog about them instead of attending the General Session. Yep, I'm one of those people!

Anyway, the backstory on these prints is that the ladies presenting this workshop attended one of my workshops this morning and asked me to attend their's and make a snapguide on it. I said sure...if they will save me a seat! So I got a great seat and all the supplies and have fallen in love with this super easy and inexpensive process.

Here are some of my prints from today. There was no planning, no prepping and just blobs of color painted onto the gelatin plate.  I LOVE the impressionistic style I ended up with. It was purposeful as I have a couple of clean prints, but I like the squished ones best!

The camera doesn't do the prints justice!


It was so much fun!!

For complete instructions,

Check out How to Create a Gelatin Monoprint. by Emily McLemore on Snapguide.
 check out my snapguide.

No comments:

Post a Comment