Sunday, February 10, 2013

I hit the wall today!

I've heard of runners hitting the wall or running out of gas during a run, but I had never truly experienced it until today. Before, on some of my longer runs, I was merely tired. Today taught me what it means to hit a wall!!

I have a litany of reasons for why my run was not up to par.. from getting up at 3:30am to not getting the proper nutrition this week. But for me, the lesson here was that I could physically hit the wall and keep going. That I could mentally push beyond it and finish my run.

In fact, when I hit the wall at mile 10, I had 7 left. And I did it!! I am really proud of that accomplishment! Even more, my mile pace wasn't too much slower than the week before. So while I was struggling, I was at least moving.

I have to say, I'm a little more leary of the big 26 than I was before, but I will just have to be more aware of my eating habits and make sure that I drink more water!

But here we are 24 hours later and I'm not sore and in fact, since I slept great last night for the first time in a couple of weeks, I'm ready to go out for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment