Wednesday, November 7, 2012

District Band, House Showings and Running

District Band

So Maddie made the District Honor Band last Saturday. It was the first truly older kid thing she has done. Doug said when he dropped her off he got a little teary eyed. It was the start of a new chapter in our lives. The chapter that I truly LOVED growing up. Extracurricular activities on Saturdays! I competed in so many events in junior high and high school. 

Given that Maddie didn't pick up a clarinet until June, it was scary that she was trying out at all. But we were supportive. 103 clarinet players from 7th and 8th grade (most whom played in 6th grade as well) were vying for 48 spots. Maddie placed 43!!!! So proud.

So this Saturday, we will go drop her off early in the morning again and she will travel to do a band workshop all day and then we will go watch the concert.

It makes me cringe when I think of how fast these years are going to fly by. Truly, it seems like just yesterday we were starting pre-k. Yes, I will be one of those melancholy mothers.


House Showings

How does 3 times in 24 hours sound? Awesome! Not sure if any of the lookers are serious or will be interested, but I love the traffic!! And, our realtor uses a company that will text to schedule and confirm showings, it is awesome.

Running

And last, running. I really try to not talk about this new love of mine. But, in case you were wondering... yes, I'm still running. I've even started reading books about running. On days I don't run I think about running. Who am I????   I'm not really sure, but I love the way I feel and look, so I think she's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment