Friday, August 3, 2012

Well, Hello August. You sure do arrive quickly every year!

It's August 3rd and that means, I'm getting ready for another school year!

As I've probably mentioned before, I think I may be the only high school teacher that decorates my room in a theme each year.

Over the last few years I've had Safari, Underwater, Construction, Peace, and others that I can't remember!

This year, my theme is "Be A Part Of It" aka New York City.  And since I'm not allowed to paint the walls (boo hiss) I'm putting up skyline paper around a couple of walls. I keep the bulletin boards a simple black and have skyline border and New York city type cut outs to hang up. 

I'm going to hang some twinkle lights and clothesline from the ceiling.  Not sure yet how I'm going to plug in the twinkle lights as extension cords are against fire code... but I'll come up with something!!

Here are a couple of pictures of the room in progress.  My girls are ALWAYS so helpful... :)

I've got to get some muscly people to help me move everything back into position as I'm not supposed to drag things on the newly waxed floor. But man, the press has to weight a few hundred pounds!

Well, that's it for now.  I just love starting over each year! So many new ideas and new things to make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment