Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A provoking thought

I read this today and it has really resounded with me.  I thought I’d pass it along.  I don’t know who wrote it as the source I got it from, a church newsletter, didn’t give the author.

God won’t ask what kind of car you drove,
   but will ask how many people you drove
   who didn't have transportation.

God won’t ask the square footage of your
   house, but will ask how many people you
   welcomed into your home.

God won’t ask about the clothes you had in
   your closet, but will ask how many you
   helped clothe.

God won’t ask how many friends you had, but
   will ask how many people to whom you
   were a friend in their time of need.

God won’t ask about your social status, but
   will ask what kind of class you displayed.

God won’t ask how many material
   possessions you had, but will ask if they
   dictated your life.

God won’t ask what you did to protect your
   rights,but will ask what you did to protect
   the rights of others.

God won’t ask about the color of your skin,
   but will ask about the content of your
   character.

No comments:

Post a Comment