Friday, July 17, 2009

A Gift for a Baptism

My niece is being baptized tomorrow and I wanted to make something to help memorialize this very special day.  Knowing that my sister is not crafty and doesn’t like clutter, I decided to go with a framed piece that Abby can put in her room or they can just hang somewhere.

I originally was going to make this 12x12 as that’s what the paper is, but Wal-Mart was out of the right size frames.. so I chose to do an 11x17 frame instead.  I really like how it turned out and that there is room for additional pictures and journaling. 

100_1102

It’s not really fancy, but the layering of paper is more obvious in person than in the picture.100_1102

Creating this has inspired me to work more on my faith book.   There just always seems to be more projects going on at once than time to do them!! By the way, my dad’s album at 60 pages is full and I haven’t even gotten to us kids!! I guess volume 2 will have to start with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment