Saturday, August 31, 2013

7 years? Really. That makes me super excited!

I follow a runner, mom of 12... really fast superwoman blog.  This week she posted about how most runners peak at 7 years of training.  
"Most runners race their best times and set their PR's seven years after they start (and continue) training consistently. Most runners, whatever their age or ability, will improve for about seven years."

So, I have to say, I am pumped!! Given that I've been running for a year now... I have at least 6 more years to improve and set PR's! I'm thinking really I can say that I'm just starting the 7 year zone given that I wasn't a runner at all until a year ago.

So how do I plan to use these next 6+ years? 

Well... I'm going to do what I do best.. plan, organize and race.

But not today. Today, I slept in and missed my long run with the group. I'll make it up either tomorrow or Monday morning with a middle distance run. I'm still at 85% and as Doug reminded me, I can keep pushing and stay at 85% or get a little more rest and let myself get over this icky bronchitis completely.

I have to say, if Erin can take off running for an injury and she is training for the Olympic Marathon trials and running a sub 3 hour marathon, I guess taking a little more time to get well won't hurt my "to finish my first marathon" goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment