Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Changing the way I respond

I rejoined Weight Watchers yesterday. I did pretty well. I worked out, ate healthy foods and played with my little girls. I used all of my daily allowance, 1 weekly point and banked my exercise points.

Good thing!

This morning Maddie, at almost 15 years old, had tubes put in her ears. For the first time. Crazy stuff. We left the house at 4:45am in order to be at the hospital at 6am for check in.
before being called back to pre-op. it was EARLY!
Then we waited and the nurses did paperwork and we waited and finally at 8am they took her back to surgery.

We were at Ihop (Maddie's choice) at 9:30am.

It is possible to make healthy food choices at Ihop. I didn't.

Something about my kid being put under general anesthesia for at least the 9th time in her 14 years made me regress to my crappy food choices.

I was completely aware that I was doing it.. but I did it anyway.

I ordered the Swedish crepes.

I enjoyed the first one. I ate the second one. I stopped one bite in on the third one.

That was 12 Weight Watcher points. Ouch.

At least I only ate 1/2 of the order!! oh. my.

We got home and got Maddie to bed and I sewed some "bum warmers" (a fleece wrap thing you tie around your waist..) for cold weather running. I felt better.

I realize that so many of my eating choices over the last 14 years have been in response to Maddie's health. It's very easy to say "the heck with it, I want french fries or donuts.. I deserve it.. don't you know about my child's struggle." My response has to change. For the most part, it has changed.

This year I am committing myself to making better food choices 80% of the day.

I am looking forward to hitting my goal weight with Weight Watchers. There is just something about those points and that accountability that I need. My extreme, you have to be kidding me goal is 20 pounds. My realistic finish this journey off well goal is 12 pounds.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment