Thursday, March 20, 2014

Scale Woes

In case you didn't know this about me yet, I have a love/hate relationship with the scale. I should toss it out and get relief, but I can't. I'm addicted to weighing myself almost daily.

It is frustrating and self-defeating, but I'm being real here and telling you that it is a life-long battle.

What is absolutely nuts about this is that I am in the best shape of my life. I am eating the most healthy foods consistently that I have ever eaten. I feel leaner and stronger than I have ever felt. My clothes fit great.

But the scale this morning was another 2 pounds HEAVIER.

NO!! I wanted to stomp on the scale.

And no, muscle does not weigh more than fat. a pound is a pound. A pound of muscle takes up less space than fat, but it isn't "heavier.."

So what do I do besides throw away the scale?

I don't know. I'm determined to live fully and healthy. That determination is far stronger than just seeing the numbers decrease on the scale. I've done the self-destructive diets in the past and the only prize is the number on the scale. The damage to my metabolism and body isn't worth it.

On Monday I'm starting a Spring Cleaning Eating and Exercises program. One of my facebook friends, a wellness and nutrition guru, is leading the group. I'm excited. I'm hoping with the accountability and meal plans and all that I can retool some more and focus on the STRONGER and LEANER me!

No comments:

Post a Comment