Tuesday, March 18, 2014

An A+ Life



My oil painting #3 got an A+! Fun times

I'm also giving myself an A+ on my new weight lifiting regime! I've upped my weights and am feeling it. I was able to increase by 10 pounds on most of my exercises and I added a couple of new things too! I'm feeling stronger and leaner. Too bad my scale isn't reflective of my work yet!

And I'm even giving myself an A+ on my eating! I did that 7 day challenge and that helped me focus on my food choices. The best thing I am doing is that I'm eating breakfast everyday! I love, love, love Hungry Girls oatmeal recipe. It just takes planning as you need at least 20 minutes. But it's yummy and soo easy and healthy!

Now  that I've gotten you interested...

Healthy Oatmeal

1 cup unsweetened almond milk (30 calories)
1 cup water
1/2 cup old fashioned oats (150 calories)

Put all 3 in a big sauce pan together and bring to a boil. Stir. Turn to low and stir every so often for the next 15 minutes. It will thicken up, but still be pretty soupy in the pan. After about 15 or so minutes, pour into a large cereal bowl. Let cool a couple of minutes. It will thicken perfectly.

I add 2teaspoons of light brown sugar (30 calories) and mix well.

enjoy! 

Total calories 210 and the best part is you are full all morning!

That's an A+ in my book!

Hope your life is going well, we are living life in the sweet spot right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment