Wednesday, March 5, 2014

7 Day Slim Down Challenge

A facebook friend of mine who is a fitness guru offered a 7 Day Slim Down Challenge. I, along with a group of others, signed up. I have been lacking motivation lately and figured this was just what I needed!
 
And boy is it! Wowsers. :) The workouts so far are not bad. I must say, I rather enjoy full body workouts. They aren't boring. The hard part is fitting it in with my running. But it is good for me!
 
The eating is harder. Shanna provided a meal plan and its pretty easy to follow. 3 meals and 2 snacks. The problem for me is that I don't do smoothies. at. all. So I'm having to change up some of the meals, but she provided alternative choices too. So, NO EXCUSES!!
 
Today is Day 3. (But I really started on March 1st as I had already made that commitment to myself to reboot my hard drive.)
 
So far, I've lost 3 pounds. Wow! Love it. And for all of you who might think I'm starving myself for the pounds lost... I'm tracking the points in Weight Watchers and I'm hitting my points each day.
 
If any of you need a challange, you should  contact her for the meals and more information!
 
So what did I do this morning? Well...
 
300 jumping jacks
300 crunches
300 squats
75 pushups
2 sets of  plank for 30 seconds
Then finished off with 45 seconds each of burpees, bicycle crunches, jump squats, ski jumps, and mountain climbers.
 
Then I stretched a bit.
 
And was in the shower by 6am.
 
Can't wait to see what tomorrow's workout will bring!

1 comment: