Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 was a great year... what will 2014 bring?

2013 was a great year for our family.

I looked back to see if I blogged about any resolutions for 2013 and we were just too busy!!  So here is a quick recap for you...

January:moved to new house and went to Disney World

February: ran the Cowtown Challenge which included my first 1/2 marathon.

April: ran my second 1/2 marathon, lots of kid activities, Doug and I had a weekend away.

May: finally sold our house on Cleveland! Maddie turned 13.

July: Maddie was sick, yuck! I worked out and ran a lot. I had my best month of the year from a running perspective. My Grandmother died at 97 years old. 

September: busy at school and the Big Show was performed a dozen times.

November: ran my first marathon and Doug his first 1/2 marathon and Maddie her first 5k!

And that's the condensed version! Sure there were struggles during the year, who doesn't have hurts and struggles, but the sum total of the year was great.

So looking ahead, my resolutions are pretty simple. I'm not looking to overhaul my life. But here are my goals:

1. I'm going to stop obsessing about every bite I put into my mouth. Obsessing about it doesn't make me make better choices, it only causes stress. I am healthy and strong and while I'd like to dump another 15 pounds, I refuse to stress over it. I have obsessed over food for the last 25 years, this is the year of letting it go.

2. I am going to eat 2 healthy, unprocessed meals a day. (I know, I just said I wasn't going to stress over food... but striving to eat unprocessed foods is totally different than counting calories or points!) 

3. I'm going to run a race for charity. I'd really like to do at least a 1/2 marathon for a big charity, maybe even a full.

4. I'd like to create a chore chart for the girls that incorporates accountability and incentives that actually works and that we will use! 

5. I'd like to do a family activity/date once a month. It may just be walking the trail as a family, or going to a museum, but these days are flying by and by the end of 2014 Maddie will be in high school!

And that's it. I love my life and my family. I am so very thankful for the life we live together. My family is my happy place and we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment