Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hybrid Scrapbook Project

Moving the girls bedrooms around got me motivated to make some new wall art for Maddie's room. She's got a soft green bedspread and almost the same color walls, so we needed to do something with color.

So, what I did was to find some fun fabrics that we will make pillows and a bedskirt from and also make wall pretties!!  In the above picture you can see that I took fabrics and made a digital copy and used them for papers on a layout.  The floral print and a funky paisley print made great papers.  The red also looks great on the computer and in person; however, the stripe did not translate to the computer very nicely, so I kept it in fabric form.

After designing the layout, I printed an 8x8 copy on glossy paper.  Then I took a 12x12 board and covered it with the stripe fabric.  The copper circle is chipboard covered in copper metallic paint.  Finally I used the brads to hold the circle onto the board. 

One of the things I like about this project is that I can change out the picture as I feel like it.  The plan is to make two more boards one saying family and the other saying forever.  I guess we will see how long it takes me to get that done.

Back to the digital stuff for a second.  Look closely at the flower that I used as an embellishment.. Not only did I cut out the flower from the print and add it back onto the layout, but I also used a swirly thing that I embossed via the computer.  It was a ton of fun to figure out.  But I have to say, I'm kinda needing a real hands on embossing fix now :)

Well, there you have it.  One of my recent projects. Of course I have more in the works, but I have our state art contest this weekend and PROM next weekend.  Have I mentioned that I am the Prom Coordinator?? Yeah.  I'm ready for "Night on the Town" to move on! As soon as that's done, I'm gonna have time to craft. Right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I totally didn't understand any of that, BUT, it sure is cute!!

    ReplyDelete