Monday, August 3, 2009

An announcement, an invitation and a case for keeping scraps!

august pics 004I love paper and I love organizing things, so you put the two together and I have TONS of paper scraps!! august pics 005 

 

 

To store my abundance of scraps, I keep them color coordinated in 12x12 storage bags next to the bag of full sheets of coordinating paper.   There are times when I think I might be going a little overboard with my scrap keeping.. however, I have to say, I am pretty proud of my most recent use of scraps!

To begin, I made baby announcements for our yet to be born baby and had a lot of invites and announcements 005 Large Web viewbrown pieces of paper left.   Given that I had taken the time to score, sand and cut out half circles in all of these sheets, there was no way I was going to throw out  these good scraps! So I kept them thinking that maybe I’d find a use a for a few of the scrap pieces one of these days.

Well, my one of these days came along faster than I anticipated.  For my dad’s big birthday celebration invites and announcements 003 Large Web viewcoming up at the end of the month, I was able to use not only the brown circle scraps but also the scraps from the printed papers that I used as well!! invites and announcements 002 Large Web view

 

 

 

 

How fun it is to be able to use up something of value that a lot of people would just throw away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment