Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Technique Tuesday: Stamp and Scratch Art

As you can guess by now, I am always looking for a new use for my stamps. I really, really don't like stamp sets just sitting in a box and collecting dust. I also get tired of the traditional stamping ways, so I've got to play! And I did! Once again, I love the flexibility of stamping and creating fun and interesting projects from a nontraditional standpoint.
So for today's technique, I brought out the scratch art paper and got my new World's Best Dad Stamp from CTMH and went to town. Now I know many people are worried about ruining a stamp, but I think that there is always a risk when creating, so I do my best to try to prevent total destruction, but allow myself the freedom to play.
To create these totally cool images here is what you need..
  1. You need scratch art paper. Get the cheap and pretty kind that is made for kids to use. You want to find the kind that is scratched with the wooden stick. DON'T get the kind that has to be scratched with the metal blade. That is WAY more work!!

  2. Using StazOn, ink your stamp with a color that can be seen on the black paper and stamp your image. Depending on the stickyness of the ink, you may leave only the stamped image in the paper OR the ink might just pull off the black for you!! I got both impressions.
  3. Yes, this does leave your stamps gunky and icky! Get out your stazon cleaner and clean off your stamps.

  4. Using the wooden stick, clean up your images and add details.

And once again, the final layout with the scratch art stamped images!

No comments:

Post a Comment