Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Technique Tuesday: Magnets Galore

Today I used Sculpey clay and made magnets using my Close To My Heart Stamps. I love the results! What a fun and easy way to use those neglected stamps :) I used probably 10 different sets, so I'm not going to list them all, but I have to say, I really like the months of the year magnets and the flowers! I also made inital magnets for my girls and did this project with our Life Skills students at school. They seemed to really enjoy this project.

Here is an insider's trick.. put some water on the stamp and it won't stick to the clay! The polymer clay doesn't absorb the water and the stamp just peels right off the clay. If you don't wet down the stamp and it is one of those sticky ones, you will have trouble getting a clear impression.

I took lots more pics of this project, but they are on my school camera and they were not wanting to transfer this afternoon. I'll be posting more pictures and the magnets in action on my school website so you can check there in a few days if you like.

Have fun with your Sculpey! I just love the almost instant results of only 15 minutes in the oven and you are done!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable...Thanks for the inspiration! I'll have to give these a try sometime...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! My son would LOVE doing some of those...hmmmm....maybe our Saturday project! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea. THis would be great for preschoolers to make magnet "gifts" for mom/dad/teacher.

    ReplyDelete