Tuesday, November 11, 2014

But does it feed my soul?

I've been pondering life a lot lately. This is causing me to wake up early... like today.. 3:17am. The good thing about waking up early is that there is no excuse to not work out. The bad thing is that by 5pm I'm done.

Anyway... back to life pondering.

The fundamental question that I keep coming back to as I question who I am and what I want to be is "does it feed my soul?" This is a hard question for someone like me that is interested in everything and who jumps into every new encounter with both feet before checking to see how deep the water is and if the alligator has his mouth open!



What I am learning, albeit, very slowly, is to stop and ask myself if this is going to feed my soul or am I going to burn out quickly. I have a graveyard full of burned out projects, ideas, activities and dreams. I get frustrated with Lexi for not sticking with things, but I am the same way. It's a part of our personalities. We want to try new things, figure them out, and move on to the next new challenge.



But moving from one challenge to the next is draining. I crave challenging tasks, but I can't do them constantly. I have to do something that refuels me. That's why I love painting, puzzles and playing the piano.

I also crave family time. I gotta have my quality time with Doug and the girls.


So all this to say, what do I do?

I don't know.


But while I'm figuring out life, I sure am thankful that I get to ponder life with my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment