Monday, January 2, 2012

Everyone's favorite dirty word... BUDGET!

It's that time of year, everyone is talking about it, so I thought I'd throw my two cents in too :)

Aren't you glad? 

Well, here is my budget. It's actually pretty easy to follow.

Don't buy things you don't need. How do you do this? Don't go shopping.

There you have it.  That's my budget.

Really? Yup.

Here is how my mind works, or maybe doesn't work... who knows.

I buy decorative things for the house when my friends have those at home parties. I like supporting my friends and their friends. It makes shopping way more fun.

I also buy decorative things for the house on clearance, or Ikea.  And since I'm at Ikea maybe once a year, if that, it's not too bad!

Clothes shopping?  Well, for myself, I buy things when my younger hip sister Katy says I have too. She's pretty thrifty, so I don't have to worry about spending a crazy amount when she's in charge.  You can take a look at her (and my other sister Melody's) blog at  http://cherrycokecruising.com/ . Even their blog name is hip.

Clothes for the kids?  Too be honest, a couple of times a year I go off the charts and have a friend of mine do a couple of custom and totally cute outfits, but it's worth it. Other than that, I am the back row sale rack kinda shopper.  But even there, it implies that I shop.  I don't. I usually wait until one of my kids points out that their shoes are worn out, or their jeans are too small or something like that.

So where do we spend our hard-earned dollars?  EATING OUT!!! OH YEAH!!

I'm not gonna tell you how much we spend on food. It's none of your beeswax. :) But, I can tell you, we spend too much.  I love to eat out.  That is our entertainment!  However, if we want to be sensible and all that, and we have to cook and be money-minded, then let me tell you that E mealz is the way to go!

I <3 Emealz

Click on the above picture and it will take you to the website.  It really is awesome.  Using E Mealz I have the meals for the week planned, a grocery list made out and the recipes (all basic that Maddie can even help handle) in hand.  It's totally the way to go if you have to cook.

And that's it.  That's my budget. 

I know that you are glad you took the time to read the fine print of my budget!

But hey, it really is simple.

DON'T GO SHOPPING!

Hope you have a great year and that you stick to your budget, if you have one.  But, if you only stuck to your budget for one month last year, don't expect to be able to make it all year, this year.  Really. Why don't you try to make it to three months this year.  That would be a reasonable goal.

As to goals, I've got lots of those. In fact, I make up for the lack of shopping with goal setting! Wow. I probably shouldn't have said (written) that.  Good thing I am already completely aware of my lameness!

No comments:

Post a Comment