Tuesday, January 12, 2010

For Haiti

A few thoughts on Haiti
(The pictures are taken from my sister Libby's blog, please check out her story at Blessed Family Life)

My sister Libby returned from a medical mission trip to Haiti on Saturday.
Today the area is in ruins.



At church, my daughter made a Christmas box for an orphan in Haiti that was delivered last week.
Today the number of orphans grew.


I've known about the desperate needs of the Haitian people for years, but today I saw.

There are so many emotions and thoughts going through my head.  I think of the people who had nothing to begin with and now are faced with such devestation.  I wonder why and I ask God for guidance and courage.  I want to help, but I don't know how.  I want to be of service to those precious children my sister had the privilege to meet and care for, but I don't know where to start.

So I am thanking God that Libby was able to visit Haiti just last week.  I thank God that she made it home before this tragedy struck.  I thank God that through the work of hands like Libby's, my family doesn't just think of the people of Haiti, we see their faces. 

I pray that during these first few weeks when the media talks about the causalties and the devastation that we would see the face of the Haitian people and we would remember that they are individuals and have needs.  I pray that we would not forget them as quickly as we the media surely will.  I pray that this would be a starting point, a defining moment for many, and that people would work together to help those in need.

If you would like to help the crisis in Haiti, why not consider supporting Global Vision Citadelle Ministries.  (http://www.gvcm.org/) This is the organization that is already serving the people of Haiti and the ministry that Libby worked with just a few short days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment