Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Technique Tuesday: Another envelope album

Okay, so today is that day during the week where I try to create something new and fun.. however, instead of playing, I cleaned.  If you have never had the joy of trying to keep a house spotlessly clean with kids, let me send you mine and you can try.  I was thinking last night that if I could perfect the art of keeping a house show ready and still allow my children some playtime in the house, that would surely be a noteworthy technique.  Alas, I couldn’t so I’ll just share one of my creations from last year.

babyboyalbum004I know, some of you will have already seen this, sorry.. but I so love the envelope album that I hope I can inspire you to start giving these gems as gifts.  

One of the coolest things about an envelope album is that you can use any size or style of envelope. This one is created from traditional invitation size envelopes. I like this size best since you can use 1 sheet of 12x12 paper for so much of the book! Your total cost of the album is relatively low if you can keep your embellishments in check.

All of my supplies are from Close To My Heart.  This is one of my favorite paperpacks, but it is no longer available for purchase.  However, some of the new CTMH papers are similar and I know that I will LOVE playing with them!!

Here are some of the close ups of the album.

Let me know if you have any questions.  Since I have posted previously as to how to make an envelope album, I didn’t bother to here.. however, I would be happy to answer questions.

2 comments:

  1. Is the post on your blog about how to make one of these albums? I'd love to give one a whirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The instructions are in April I think.. for a small envelope album. Basically you accordion fold envelopes together, attach them together and go. Email me if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete