The work at our house is amazing. I'm saving the pictures of the work being done by the pro's for later. This post is about our personal DIY efforts.
We started with finishing the trim work in the girls room. This was the last step in their redo's. Having the carpet replaced (added in Ky's) made a huge difference! Doug did the prep work and I painted.
We then moved on and painted the living room and hallway. The problem here is that now the fireplace looks dingy... guess I know what's next.
I desperately want to change out the doors.. but that is not in the budget this time around.
Maddie helped out by working on my bedroom painting while I worked on her bathroom. So thankful for her sweet worker spirit!
And then I decided to tackle Maddie's bathroom. The floors were being redone and I knew that while I wanted to renovate it, I couldn't afford to right now.. so I painted (am painting) the tile. It is incredibly stinky.
The paint that I used previously for a tile project was a little different, so it took a while for me to get my groove. I should have started on the wall behind the toilet! Where the inconsistency didn't matter. ugh. Now I have to go back and sand paper the drip marks. But oh well, it looks soooo much better already!!
This is truly stinky stuff.
And here we are after the first few coats.
What a difference.
That's pretty much been my mantra these days I have been spending around 8 hours each Saturday and Sunday working on the house. It will be totally worth it. But in the meantime... I'm tired.