Monday, June 22, 2015

A new 5k personal best for me!

Last year Doug and I both rocked the Jogging for Judah 5k. 

This year I have been training for a stronger 1/2 marathon finish and Doug has been hurt, so I knew that we wouldn't be chasing down our last year finishes.

So I decided to change up my interval a little and just run hard and enjoy it.

I did a  4 minute run, :35 second walk interval.

I started strong and kept a good pace. I so wanted to catch the three women that were ahead of me, but alas, I couldn't do it. Now if it had been a 10k, I would have had them. Man, if it had been a 4 miler I would have caught them! 

Oh well.

I ran my FASTEST 5k ever!! I ran it in 26:36! Woohoo! 

I also won the Masters Female. (I am NOT that old.. they have a young threshold for master..)

But heck, I'll take the plaque!

Doug was 2nd in his age group and did a great job given that he has been hurt.

And here are some of my friends from our run club!

It's so much fun to race and win. :) I never had this as a child/teenager, so this is a new experience for me. I like it! It is rather motivating to train hard for the next race.

No comments:

Post a Comment