Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another Fun and Easy Project for all those Paper Scraps!

What do I do with scrap paper?  Keep it or Toss it?

Yes, it is an age old question.
Well, I guess I am a both. A Keeper and a Tosser. It all depends on the day or the mood :) !!

But, one thing I do find difficult is to what to do with large scraps or whole pages of scrapbook paper that I know that I won't use. I hate storing things for storing sake.

So, below is one of my uses for scraps!

Recycled Paper Bowls. 

Sorry, I took the pictures with my camera phone, so the quality is sad.






This is really just a simple paper mache project.  I used ModPodge about 1/2 strength mixed with water and strips of scrapbook paper torn on all sides and a mixing bowl that I put a plastic bag over.  I ran the paper through the glue and smoothed it onto the bowl.  That's it.

I really like the torn white paper look inside the bowl. Originally I had planned to put another layer of colored paper down after the structure dried, but I think I will keep the bowl as is.  I might varnish it, I might not.

So there you have it, another recycled paper project!

No comments:

Post a Comment