Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What is so wrong in this photo shoot?

lexicutsherhair 001  lexicutsherhair 003 lexicutsherhair 004 lexicutsherhair 013lexicutsherhair 002  lexicutsherhair 009 

Lexi’s hair!!! That’s what.  Last night she cut it.  She still hasn’t talked about the why’s and all, but I wanted to get pictures for the scrapbook. 

It is so hard to make wise parenting decisions when it comes to things like this.  I want her to learn to take responsibility for her actions, but I don’t want to make a bigger deal about it than it needs. After teaching teenagers all these years, I am so very aware how parenting decisions have lasting effects.

So for now, unless I want her out of her room to do something that I have sanctioned, she is in her room until she admits to what she did.  Because while I am not really upset about her hair, I am very concerned about her refusal to admit what she did.  I think it really is easier for me to deal with the big picture on this since the hair will grow back.  In fact, anyone who knows me knows that I place little value on that type of thing.  As I explained to Lexi, if she wanted bangs, all she had to do was ask! 

For all of you parents out there, what would you do?  The punishment (after she finally admits to cutting her hair) will be 5 days without television.  Since she is 5 years old, I am using that as the guideline for how long the punishment should last.   One of my friends who’s daughter cut her hair took away scissors, and I really like that as the punishment fit the crime.. but Lexi didn’t even use her own scissors, she used her daddy’s scissors that were in our bathroom.  And, you know me and crafts, taking away scissors would be like cutting off my right arm!

If you see Lexi out and about, please ask her about her hair, and please pray for her parents as we seek to make wise decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment