Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Have you ever noticed

Have you ever noticed that there are some people in the world who just can't be happy?  I happened to have a conversation with someone this afternoon that truly can't be happy.  I don't get it.  It makes me sad.

There are so many things I want to say to this person, but I can't.  I just hope that he/she eventually figures out that no matter what, life is meant to be enjoyed, whatever our circumstances.

I wonder about myself after having conversations with people like this.  I wonder if I am that negative.  I wonder if I complain like that.  I truly hope I don't. I'm afraid I might.

A couple of years ago Doug and I saw a story about a pastor who challenged his church to stop complaining and start changing the world through a good attitude.  They have the rubber bracelets that help them to remember to be grateful.  It's called A Complaint Free World. The challenge is to go 21 days without uttering a complaint. 

I tried it before.  It's HARD!  I didn't make it.  I gave up.

But I'm going to try again.  I don't want to be the kind of person that causes others to shutter when I walk up.  I don't want to be a joyless person.  I want to enjoy life.  I want to embrace the grace that I have been given.  No that doesn't mean I expect everything to be perfect, but it does mean that I choose to not dwell on the difficult.

So I ask those of you that seem me everyday, hold me accountable.  I'm gonna do my best!  Cause' I've got too much wonderful in my life to focus on junk.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I didn't see you that day :) I agree, I worry I'm becoming that person too. We will watch each other :P

    ReplyDelete